Sunday 9 September 2012

Last Day of British Summer Time

It's fair to say that today is probably the last day of summer for the UK and what a great end to an amazing Summer with temperatures soaring into the high 20's. Taking a look back at Summer 2012 has made me feel quite over whelmed in a very nostalgic way. Lets see we've had the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, London 2012 & the Paralympic Games, all of which have been an outstanding success which have left the nation with a sense of pride that hasn't been felt for a long time. Flying a national flag had become a taboo subject over the years but this summer it all changed, being able to walk down the street seeing rows of Union Jack flags flying so proudly with no negative connotations, hopefully means a fresh approach from the nation as a whole. It may be a cheesy thing to say but being British is something I can genuinely say gives me a proud feeling and whether nationally it lasts or not, Summer 2012 can surely go down in history as being one of the greatest Summer's of all time.

For my last outfit of the Summer I chose to wear a dress I actually bought Summer 2011 but didn't get round to wearing. I love the colour of it and gold is probably fitting as a tribute to all of our Medal winning athletes this Summer.






Dress - H&M Trend, Bag - LV

No comments:

Post a Comment